The internationally recognised “Harley Street” medical area comprises an area of about 79 acres bounded by Marylebone Road in the North, Marylebone High Street in the West, Wigmore Street in the South, and Portland Place in the East. It houses the greatest concentration of medical and dental specialists and practitioners and private acute hospitals in the UK, and probably in the world. It is mostly under the ownership of the Howard de Walden Estate.
There are 6 major private hospitals:
- The London Clinic, Devonshire and Harley Street
- The Harley Street Clinic, Weymouth Street
- The Portland Hospital, Great Portland Street
- King Edward VII Hospital, Beaumount Street
- The Princess Grace Hospital, Nottingham Place
- The Devonshire Hospital, Devonshire Street.
Further information on shopping, hotels, restaurants, cafes, and schools, in the local area can be found on the Marylebone Village website.